The school was built in 1874 and finally closed a hundred years later in 1974. In the 1940s several children from the village passed the 11 plus and went on to the Grammar School at Downham Market. With no school buses or taxis in those days, this meant each of them had to cycle the eight miles to and from school each day.
The Post Office and Shop
The post office which for many years had been run separately amalgamated with the shop in 1967, both closed at the same time in the late 1970s.